About Ishe Anesu
Click here for printable view.
ISHE ANESU PROJECT
Newsletter/New year 2007
Ishe Anesu students on the closing day for the Christmas vacation,
dressed up in T-shirts, skirts sewn from fabrics at Ishe Anesu by
the I.A. women, and tennis shoes. All donated by friends and
supporters of Ishe Anesu Project in the USA.
Ishe Anesu students on the closing day for the Christmas vacation, dressed up in T-shirts, skirts sewn from fabrics at Ishe Anesu by the I.A. women, and tennis shoes. All donated by friends and supporters of Ishe Anesu Project in the USA.
"They came to the house where the child was and saw him with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. They opened their gifts and gave him treasures of gold, frankincense, and myrrh." (Matthew 2:11)
Sisters, brothers and friends and supporters of Ishe Anesu children, you, too, have come to Ishe Anesu, some of you physically while others of you in spirit, and saw the Ishe Anesu children. Then you extended your generous hands full of precious gifts. Some gifts came by ship, some by air, etc. etc. For all your love, and on behalf of the children of Ishe Anesu, we wish to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you for your continued love, support and prayers.
The year 2006 has succumbed and 2007 is creeping in. Our prayer is to see this new year bring substantial advancements in all humanity, especially to those under difficult situations. In general, we have had a good year at Ishe Anesu. Approximately 60 percent of the students in upper grades passed with flying colors, and the remaining 40 percent passed with difficulties or on promotion. Normally, those promoted move on to the next class whether they have passed or failed, because there is no retaining system in lower grades.
Form IV: We have 6 students who wrote their Form IV examinations in November. Their results will be published in February, but it is assumed that they will continue to do Forms V and VI the next 2 academic years 2007/08, pending on the availability of funds. Below, are the 6 students;
Previous Sadadzi (17)
Tawanda Chadiwana (16)
Golden Chiyanga (16)
Yvonne Mhembere (16) (17)
Violet Zvakare (17)
Stephen Muguyo (16)
While waiting for their final exam results in February, these students will participate in all the Ishe Anesu programs?Bible study, recreation and meals.
FORM III. Following are the 5 Form III students who will proceed to do Form IV this year 2007.
Josephine Kazemba (19)
Tafadzwa Hondowhe (15)
Cakusti Nysunwa (16)
Russell Rusike (16)
Lois Pariyana (16)
MAGAMBA TRAINING CENTER:
The 7 students enrolled at Magamba Training Center have all done well in their internships this first semester. All have been doing their internships in their different professional skills since September 2006. The areas comprise Auto Mechanics, Metal Works, Hotel and Food Catering, Fashion and Design and Secretarial Skills. They will all return to their hands-on experiences this January until March, then back to the Training Center to complete their training. Few are receiving monetary incentives by their training institutions. This marks their first experience in earning money, no matter how little. These tokens encourage them to feel that the end of the tunnel is "around the corner." Here are the 7 students studying at Magamba Training Center:
Fungai Marimo (19) Secretarial Skills
Life Chinguruwe (18) Metal Works
Cosmos Simbi (17) Auto Mechanics
Justin Kaserera (16)Metal Works
Kudzai Muparutsa (17)Auto Mechanics
Treda Mhlanga (17)Fashion & Design
Tendai Marimo (19)Hotel & Food Catering
Inflation continues to sore without stopping. Cost of living is the talk of everyday. However, we are not in a position yet to ask for more than you have been providing for each student. Below are the figures:
High School Boarding students: $650.00 a year. High School Commuters: $350.00 a year, Primary School students: $250.00 a year.
Magamba Training Center:
First year, first semester: $450.00 including tools and uniforms Second year: $350.00
These values include fees, levies, uniforms, tools, meals, health care and transportation.
To conclude, we want to express our sincere appreciation to you for the continuous support you have been providing through the years. May the Good Lord continue to bless you more abundantly.
Please note that Ishe Anesu Project Advance Special Number has slightly changed from 013071 IRA to 13071 A (No zero in front and no IR) . Thank you.
Bill and Maria